Practical training from first year
In years 1 and 2, you will have preclinical laboratory practices, meet and talk to patients, and do simulation exercises at the Virtual Hospital. You will also have the opportunity to see first-hand how work is done at an emergency service.
In years 3 to 6, you will have clinical training working with patients in real clinical settings. Students will spend time with doctors in their day-to-day medical practice, rotating across a range of clinical specialties.
The Faculty and the partner healthcare centres will accompany students, define learning outcomes, supervise their progress and give them feedback on their performance.
The University of Deusto has partnership agreements with the following Basque hospitals and clinics:
- IMQ Zorrotzaurre and Virgen Blanca Hospitals , Bilbao
- Hospital Quirónsalud Bizkaia
- Policlínica Gipuzkoa
- Grupo Asunción, Gipuzkoa
- Hospital San Juan de Dios, Santurtzi
- Hospital Vithas San José, Vitoria - Gasteiz
- Hospital Aita Menni, Arrasate - Mondragón
- Intermutual de Euskadi, Bilbao
- Mutualia, Bilbao, Donostia and Vitoria - Gasteiz
- ICQO - Instituto Clínico Oftalmológico, Bilbao
- Centro Médico IMQ Colón, Bilbao
- Centro Médico IMQ Amárica, Vitoria - Gasteiz
- Centro Médico IMQ Zurriola, Donostia - San Sebastián
In addition, with regard to research development, it has agreements with the following leading centres:
- CIC bioGUNE
- CIC biomaGUNE
Some of these hospitals also have accredited centres across Spain and even in other countries and continents, which broadens the range of internships beyond the Basque Country.