• Metropolitan Bilbao has over a million people. The city, located in northern Spain, has a long tradition of trade and contact with other European countries.
• The city of Bilbao has recently received prestigious international awards such as the Lee Kuan Yew World City Prize (considered the Nobel Prize of cities). The late city mayor, Iñaki Azkuna, was chosen World’s Best Mayor 2012.
• Bilbao has undergone large-scale transformation, best shown by the emblematic Guggenheim Bilbao Museum. The main campus of the University of Deusto is located opposite the Guggenheim Museum.
More about the UD in Bilbao
• San Sebastian has been chosen European Capital of Culture for 2016.
• Its beautiful bay, known as the Pearl of the Cantabric Sea, with its mix of sea and mountains, its quality of life and world famous cuisine, have made it a top tourist destination which has appealed to travellers for over two centuries.
• The UD in San Sebastian is located on the Paseo de Mundaiz on the banks of the Urumea River beside the Cristina-Enea Park. The 32,000 m2 campus forms part of what many consider to be the world's most beautiful city.
More about the UD in San Sebastian